Tuesday 22 September 2009

Jessie's Dessert

Hi Friends
I have been such a bad blogger this month and I apologize for that but, since I can, I am going to blame part of it on my friend who came to visit. We had such a good time and I didn't do a lot of cooking new things so, no new blogs. However, upon her return home she told me about a new dessert she tried that her daughter-in-law Jessie made which was really wonderful. I haven't tried it yet but I fully intend to so, I don't have any pictures. If you do try it how about letting me know what you think. And I want to say I had the privilege of meeting Jessie in Feb of this year and she is just as sweet as can be and thank you for letting me share this one here. Jessie you can correct me if I am wrong on this I tried to write it down quickly. And a quick thanks to Nancy for telling me about it. It makes my mouth water just thinking about it. It sounds like a quick and easy dessert to make.

Ingredients:
8 ozs cream cheese
1 can pie filling
1 refrigerator pie crust

Beat your cream cheese until smooth and fluffy, add in your pie filling. Take and cut however many rounds you can get from a refrigerator pie crust. You will need 2 for each little dessert. Add the filling to one round, then top with the other round. Using a fork, crimp around the edges to seal. Deep fry until golden brown, remove and dust with sugar.

Note: As far as I know, I haven't seen any refrigerator pie crusts here in UK but of course I could be wrong. I plan on using puff pastry for mine and I am sure they will come out just as nice. Thanks again Jessie !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment